Actor, Action Designer, Instructor
"Telling stories. That's what I love. Finding the heart and the important piece that needs to be shared, whether to bring joy or healing or adventure... yes, that's what I love"
Recent work - check out What's New with me
Newly elected Artistic Director of the International Order of the Sword and Pen and Program Director of the Paddy Crean International Workshop.
“EmmaClaire Brightlyn serves up some cracking action sequences.” - Claire Wood, The Wee Review 2018 for Gagarin Way
“Suffice to say that the production’s fight director, EmmaClaire Brightlyn, has earned her paycheck.” - Matt Wolf, The New York Times 2018 for Ulster American
Voice Over for Lexus UX - national commercial 2019
Voice Over for Royale - national commercial 2018
Have a listen to my Commercial Voice Reel.
The official trailer for Anna and the Apocalypse. I worked as Fight Arranger on this exciting zombie musical!
Recently nominated for Scottish BAFTA Award for Best Actress Ella Hunt and Best Scottish Feature Film!
Wide release by MGM Orion on November 30, 2018.
Oresteia: This Restless House
*** Remounted for the Edinburgh International Festival ***
Aug 22 - 27, 2017
The award winning trilogy by Zinnie Harris, adapted from Aeschylus' The Oresteia. Produced by The Citizen's Theatre and The National Theatre of Scotland, I worked as Fight Director on this production.
I played the roles of Apemantus and the Senator in Timon of Athens, adapted and directed by Jennifer Dick.
* * * * - "the suspicious philosopher Apemantus is played by fine Canadian actor EmmaClaire Brightlyn, a gender shift which (like Brightlyn's playing of an Athenian senator) is simultaneously modern and timeless... memorable playing by Cooper and Brightlyn." The Sunday Herald - Mark Brown
* * * * - "[Timon's] interplay with Brightlyn as Apemantus is key here. While opposites attracted when Timon was a good time girl, her acquired misanthropy make the pair uncomfortable equals." The Herald - Neil Cooper
Thank you so much to Creative Scotland for your financial support in my attendance at the first ever World Stage Combat Conference in Toronto, Aug 3 - 24, 2016.
“You think you know who I am, what I might become... ”
With the sunrise comes her final day, her final fight.
She chooses, and she may just prove you wrong.
Becoming is a mesmerizing one-act play about a Gladiatrix, written by Kathy McKean and produced by Shiny Productions.
Directed by Jennifer Dick
Performed by EmmaClaire Brightlyn
May 16 and 17, 2016 at Govanhill Baths, 6:30 nightly.
Reviews For EmmaClaire's Performance In Richard II, Bard In The Botanics 2015
* * * * "... bravely rethought version..." The Scotsman - Joyce McMillan
* * * * " fierce-eyed Lady Bolingbroke (EmmaClaire Brightlyn) is ... a steely warrior driven by honour, not anger. Revealing a tender heart, she makes you wish there had once been a great queen of that name." The Guardian - Mark Fisher
* * * * "... most daringly audacious of reinventions ... " The Herald - Neil Cooper